Re: Mozilla: Home page keeps resetting to default.

David P James wrote:

> Here's my next suggestion:
>
> Backup your .mozilla directory to something Mozilla won't
>  read - eg .bak-mozilla, for example (just renaming it
> will do) when Mozilla *isn't* running - check your
> processes table to verify that it isn't (eg, top,
> sysguard with KDE, I'm sure Gnome has one too). Then
> start Mozilla afresh - you'll be creating a new profile.
> If that works, then stick with it and I'll tell you how
> to transfer any mail archives over from the backup if
> need be. If it doesn't then we'll have to keep racking
> our brains :).

Oh, sorry - I meant to add that you had to delete your
.mozilla directory once it had been backed up - renaming it
would do this by default but just copying it wouldn't. Then
you start Mozilla afrest

--
David P. James
Ottawa, Ontario

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV