Re: debian bugs, missing file

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Turner <artic_knight@yahoo.com> writes:

Stephen> found the missing file its called util-linux-locals, its

You almost definitely mean util-linux-locales.
                                           ^

Stephen> "required" by util-linux. its in the basic bare bones install,

It's "recommended" by util-linux.  dselect wants to install it anyways.

Stephen> i skip tasksel, and run dselect, i dont however select anything
Stephen> i immediately go to install and there have been preselected
Stephen> files in there i assume to continue dl for further use of some
Stephen> other apps ill soon be dl? anyways, its stuff like perl i think
Stephen> and a few more htings, seems like stuff i can do without but i
Stephen> aint argueing :-p and as i try to exit it just tells me im
Stephen> having dependency issues, and tells me it cant locate the
Stephen> required file called util-linux-locals im wondering if its

util-linux-locales is in the main archive.  Which mirror are you using?
Anyways, you can just download
http.us.debian.org/pool/main/u/util-linux/util-linux-locales_2.11n-4_all.deb
and stick it in /var/cache/apt/archives.  That's the quick-and-dirty way
of fixing it.

Stephen> referencing to its self like some other packages do and the
Stephen> package was just renamed and so its like, linking to an
Stephen> invisible package? i forgot to check out aptitude and to be

aptitude is definitely better than dselect.  deity is another option.

Stephen> honest thats the least of my worries at the moment :-p getting
Stephen> this basic install and xfree is first. i wanna get out of
Stephen> winbloze asap and start using my email over linux. i should
Stephen> have stuck with it when i had it, i swear.. lol so whats the
Stephen> word on this missing file?

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA