Re: Installing the new Java development kit on Potato

I had to do the following after the installation of the J2 Standard
Edition SDK to get it to work for me.

ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so \
/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
ln -s /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/java /usr/local/bin/java
ln -s /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/ /usr/java

That being said, my system isn't really standard but it shouldn't be
far off from standard.  Installed and setup the J2SDK under stable, but
recently dist-upgraded to unstable, no problems so far.

--
Jason Hammerschmidt -- direct: 416.643.8560
"Noli turbare circulos meos"