Re: Galeon prefs.js

Yes, I verified that it gets regenerated even if I edit it when galeon
isn't loaded.  It will use the settings for a little while it seems and
then it goes away... perhaps when it crashes (as happens quite often
with codeweavers plugin).

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 12:54, David P James wrote:
> Blake Barnett wrote:
>  > Anyone know how to keep Galeon from auto-generating the
>  > ~/.galeon/mozilla/galeon/prefs.js file?  I want to keep
>  > my anti-aliasing/TTF settings in there and it keeps
>  > overwriting it.
>  >

> I don't use Galeon but I have modified the prefs.js file of
> Mozilla and Netscape in the past, in Windows at least. I
> found that this same thing happened when Mozilla or Netscape
> was still open whilst I editted the file. If that's what
> you've been doing then I would suggest ensuring that Galeon
> is not running and edit the file then. If not, then... maybe
> someone else can help you :)
>
> --
> David P. James
> Ottawa, Ontario
> http://members.rogers.com/dpjames/
>
> The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
> -Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV
>

> --
Blake Barnett (bdb)  <blake.barnett@developonline.com>
Sr. Unix Administrator
DevelopOnline.com                 office: 480-377-6816

Learning is a skill, you get better at it with practice.