Re: HTML Editor

On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:24:05 +0000, Pollywog wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:19:51 -0400
>Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 12:17:15PM -0300, Francisco Fialho wrote:
>> > I'm looking for a HTML Editor
>> > so I can work on a few web-pages...
>>
>> Emacs.  M-x html-mode.  Does syntax highlighting, indentation, and
>> provides menus for common tags.
>
>Isn't Emacs quite the memory hog, though?  That and it is not easy to use without some experience.

For basic editing, Emacs is quite intuitive to use.  The difficulty with
Emacs is in learning all the myriad functions it can fulfill.  Learn
only what you need as you need it, and it's simple.  HTML helper mode
requires no additional learning (beyond editing) until/unless you want
to take advantage of its many kb shortcuts.
--
gt
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---