Kxicq icons not working

Hello,

I am having trouble getting kxicq to work on my debian (sid) system. I am
running kde 2.2.2 and I have tried compiling Kxicq from the cvs source
download instructions on http://www.kxicq.org and I have also tried
installing a deb from ftp://ftp.zwiffer.dyndns.org/

I get same problem with each method:- The program runs, but I don't see any
icons. In fact the only icon I do see is the kde green question mark icon in
the top left corner of the window. I know there are lots of other ICQ clients
out there, but I really like kxicq, and it would really like to get it to
work.

Please coould someone suggest a way to find out what is wrong?

Thanks, Ben Thompson.