Re: Cyrus vs. UW IMAP + procmail question

<quote who="Balazs Javor">
> Hi,
>
> Many thanks for everyone for the suggestions!
>
> A somewhat related question:
>
> So far I was sticking to the mbox format, although many people claim the
> maildir to be better, because I'm not sure if my filesystem has enough
> inodes to store archives of some high volume mailing lists
> I'm subscribed to, when saving every single message to a separate file...
>
> Any experience with this?

how many messages? i find it hard to imagine 1 user outstripping a
filesystem of inodes, you'd have to get a LOT of mail. And even then
its easily configured, if your using ext2, you can tune the inode
configuration, or if your using reiserfs it isn't much of an issue.

my main company mail leaf, which has about 20 accounts on it
uses cyrus, which stores each message in 1 file, /var/spool/cyrus
has 187,245 files in it, inodes are only 34% used(ext2), total of
560,000 inodes on that filesystem, 8.5GB filesystem. 50% disk
utilization.

if you think you'll have more then that for email.....

nate