Re: tunneled ssh connection is constantly dropped

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 17:39, Timo Benk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up an ssh tunnel with the following cmd:
> #ssh -g -C -N -L 8080:localhost:80 user@somehost.somedomain.com &
>
> After a few minutes i got the following msg back and the
> ssh exits.
>
> Received disconnect from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 2: No open channels after
> timeout!

SSH has some keepalive features, try enabling these, and check if the
tunnel stay's up then...

Check the ssh_config and sshd_config manual pages for:

ProtocolKeepAlives
KeepAlive

I'm tunneling over a HTTP proxy, and need the ProtocolKeepalives to have
my (idle) connections last for more then 60 seconds :)

Just put a Keepalive of 20 or so in your ~/.ssh/config

Maniac