Re: What pkgs need to be installed to use "make html_docs"?

"----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Proulx" <bob@proulx.com>
To: "Debian List" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: What pkgs need to be installed to use "make html_docs"?

> I'm having difficulties making html docs and was wondering if I had a
Debian
> install problem. I am a newbie and may not have installed the right
> packages.

You did not say what your difficulty was.  Which makes it hard for us
to know!  :-)  Let me take a guess.

. . .

Or you might be missing another command as well.  Does it say
'sh: fubblybarb: command not found' or some such?  If so then run the
following and look for fubblybarb.

  apt-cache search fubblybarb

Bob"

No, I don't have any command not found errors. It actually works away for a
while (Deb 2.2 on a PentPRO 200) then bails.

Following the advice of others more savvy with the app, OneSAF Test Bed
(OTB), I went to the app directory and typed make html_docs.  Examples of
the errors to follow (tried to send to a file but somehow captured none of
the errors, only what worked, sorry).

At top of screen:

"terminal.o:/usr/local/OTB/src/public/texinfo-4.0/info/terminal.c:593 more
defined references to 'tgetstr' follow"

examples of what followed:

"/usr/local/OTB/src/public/texinfo-4.0/info/terminal.c:625: undefined
references to 'tgetflag' "
"/usr/local/OTB/src/public/texinfo-4.0/info/terminal.c:628: undefined
references to 'tgetstr' "

several more of this type, then:

"collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]:***[ginfo] Error1
make[2]:***[install-recursive] Error1
make[1]:***[/usr/local/OTB/bin/makeinfo] Error2
make:***[html_docs] Error2"

Then it returned to the debian prompt.

I tried typing make clean html_docs as user then logged in as root and tried
(since other OTB issues resolved when done as root). No luck.

If it's not a package problem, could it be a terminal problem (whatever that
is)? The errors kept mentioning terminal.o or terminal.c. I may not have set
that up properly and am not sure how to if I didn't.

BTW, how DO you get the error messages to print to a file? As I mentioned
above, I only got the successful parts of the run in the file I pointed to;
once the errors started, the file ended, it seems.

Thanks for your help! Anything is more than what I have!
Sivea