Running multiple instances with start-stop-daemon

Hi!

I would like to run few instances of same program but
with different parameters with start-stop-daemon
tool.

I have tryed:

start-stop-daemon --start --chuid nobody:nogroup
--pidfile /var/run/someprogram.pid --startas
/bin/someprogram
(other lines have other pidfile and some parameters
set)
But start-stop-daemon tool refuses to start even the
first instance. I have discovered that
start-stop-daemon
only checks for existance of pidfiles and does not
look if the proccess with that pid is running.
But my program doesn't delete pidfiles (it just create

(different) files and store there pid number).

So, how can I run multiple instances with
start-stop-daemon?

Mike