Help needed with qt3...

Hi all,

Recently I have installed kde3 from http://kde3.geniussystems.net/. Kde is
working fine, but now i've got some problems compiling apps on my system
(debian unstable).

When I do a ./configure, it ends with the message "checking for Qt...
configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not found"

I was searching on google, and found a lot of people having this problem, but
I haven't found a solution so far. My sytem has a /usr/lib/qt3 directory, but
the only contents of that dir. are a plugins and a plugins-mt subdir. Other
qt3 libs are in /usr/lib/. That dir. also holds different libqt-mt files:

libqt-mt.a
libqt-mt.so (link to libqt-mt.so.3.0.4)
libqt-mt.so.3 (link to libqt-mt.so.3.0.4)
libqt-mt.so.3.0 (link to libqt-mt.so.3.0.4)
libqt-mt.so.3.0.4

I guess that's my problem. Can anyone give me some help here ? do i need to
set some system variables, or is there a way i can re-install qt3 the right
way ?

Thanks for any help !!

Dick