Re: Ot c++ programming in linux

Hi Faisal

To learn C++ well, get a copy of a good C++ text. I like Savitch, Problem
Solving and Programming in C++ 4th edition from Addison Wesley. It will be
published in mid July. There is a 3rd edition available now, but the 4th
is better. I make no money off sales of this book. My connection to the
book is that I write supplements for which I am paid lump sum amounts,
no residuals.

Your code, as has been pointed out here, is C, not C++, and conio.h is a
product for DOS/Windows command line i/o, but has been ported to Linux and
g++, but it is better not to use it at all.. Finally, the header file is
stdio.h, not studio.h.

There are other issues such as the iostream i/o that you should use in
preferece to the C stdio library for many reasons.

IMHO Emacs and g++ make the best development environment for any platform
to which these have been ported. Emacs requires a bit of work as the
commands tend not to be any more mnemonic than the keystroke equivalents
in any Windows IDE. If you use X Windows in Linux, then Xemacs has most of
the same facilities that any Windows IDE provides.

There are other IDEs for sale for Linux, and MoonShine, which is used g++,
is available for download. I do not have the URL. Use a search engine such
as Google.

If I can help you further, please write to me off line.

David Teague