Re: Comments on the new gnome-terminal.

Steve Juranich <sjuranic@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu> writes:

> Last night, while I was doing my nightly 'apt-get dist-upgrade', I
> caught the new gnome-terminal package (2.0).  I can't help but
> saying that I think it really stinks. :<

I have to admit, it's very rude the way it completely ignores your
setup from previous versions.  This has always been a problem with
Gnome and probably will be for the future, unless they realize this is
a problem.

Some of the other problems (the large title font) are caused again by
ignoring old configuration and the fact that the new config tools
aren't in Debian yet.  Unstable's gnome environment will probably be
really uncomfortable for a while until at least the base tools have
all made it in.

As for the fonts... who knows.  I have no idea how it chooses what
fonts it can display.

He who has a shady past knows that nice guys finish last.