Re: Comments on the new gnome-terminal.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 09:57:18AM -0700, Steve Juranich wrote:
| Last night, while I was doing my nightly 'apt-get dist-upgrade', I
| caught the new gnome-terminal package (2.0).

Oh, it's availble?  Cool!  I'm hoping it fixes the unicode display
problems (rather, lack thereof) in 1.4.

| I can't help but saying that I think it really stinks. :<

That's too bad :-(.

| The 'translucent background' option also blurred the background
| image.

That's the definition of "translucent".  Translucent is like "frosted"
glass or the "privacy" windows.  Transparent is like a normal window.

| I'm interested in knowing if there are other debianites out there
| that have similar feelings about the new gnome-terminal.

I can't say much yet, I've only just installed it.  All I can say is
it isn't running.  Using strace, it hangs in a call to poll().  I
think that's an orbit problem since 'yelp' now hangs too.  As long as
I don't close all of my existing terms I can still use the CORBA
factory to run new instances of it :-).  (or re-install from
'testing')

-D

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/