Difficulty with Tekram Scsi Modules

Hi all,

I have two Tekram Scsi adapters in two different boxes and I'd like
to configure them both under Debian. The DC-390U2W is based on a
Symbios logic chip and uses the ncr53c8xx module. The DC-315U is
based on the Tekram S1040 chip and uses the DC-395x_trm module.
Neither of these modules is available at installation of 2.2. The
problem with the DC-390U2W can be solved by recompiling the kernel
later, but not so with the DC-315U. The module is not supported in
the kernel. Tekram does provide a driver and I've had Mandrake
configure the controller out of the box, but the process is
byzantine and I believe outdated, the last version of Debian
supported is 2.1 with the files dated January 1999. Essentially,
there is no '.o' file provided although there is a .h and .c file.
The directory for support for this product is here:
ftp://ftp.tekram.com/scsi/3X5/Linux/Debian/Debian21/

Has anyone succeeded in using this controller under Debian? If so
can you give me some advice on how to acquire an '.o' file and
get it running?

	bill