Re: man or info?

> > On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:18:41PM -0500, John Hasler quoted
> > > Peter De Wachter who wrote:
> >
> > I just discovered this in the info manual, which is BTW not 'info
> > info', but 'info info-stnd'.  ('info info' gives only documents a small
> > portion of the keystrokes.  I have a feeling it's intended to be the
> > documentation of the Emacs info mode.)  How is a new info user supposed
> > to discover this?
>
> No way, :)

On my woody snapshot (from late fall)

	info info-stnd

gets me nothing. To get Standalone info I have to type

	info Standalone

I found this by searching (control s) the Info tree for "standalone"
I found the line

* Standalone info program: (info-stnd). Standalone Info-reading program.

I guessed the command.

Shouldn't there be some indication somewhere that the command set
for standalone is different from what you get in Emacs? (Or is it?)

David Teague

Debian support is timely, accurate, and free.
Thanks folks.