Re: d-link dfe550tx ether driver

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls <ke6sls@cox.net> wrote:

    Greetings:

I am doing a manual install test on an older box. I plugged ref. nic into it and started the install via floppy/cdrom. When it's time to add driver support, I do not see a driver for the card among the Woody offerings. Is this driver known by another name in Woody's install? Google reports the driver as a Sundance st201. Any info greatly appreciated.

tatah and tia

On my "Woody" 2.2.20 kernel it is called "sundance-scyld.o" and on my "Woody" 2.4.18 kernel it is called "sundance.o". Both kernels are "stock" Debian kernel-package installs done some time back...about when they were put into "testing" and kept up-to-date. I am assuming here that the latest kernel that is going into Woody is the one currently in "testing"... but dunno what you have pre-compiled for sure.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-