Re: potato security?

* Rick Pasotto (rickp@telocity.com) [020620 13:16]:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 06:02:30PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> > Rick Pasotto <rickp@telocity.com> writes:
> >
> > > deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ potato/updates main contrib non-free
> >
> > > deb http://security.debian.org/debian-non-US/ potato/non-US main contrib non-free
> >              ^^^^^^^^                  ^^^^^^^
> >
> > > I am now getting 404 errors.
> >
> > Don't do that then.  change 'security' to 'non-US' for the non-US line
> > and it'll work.
>
> I have my doubts that you know what you're talking about.
>
> 1) I have been doing an 'apt-get update' every day for several months
>    with no error (as I pointed out in the part you snipped). What has
>    changed? Not my system. Debian has changed.
>
> 2) If I change 'security' to 'non-US' will I get the non-US security
>    updates?  I already have the line that your change would result in
>    and there *is* a security.debian.org:/debian-non-US directory tree.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong, but I
believe the confusion here is that you're trying to add a line for
security updates and another for non-us security updates, which is
unnecessary. I believe the one line for security.debian.org is all you
need to get potato's security updates including updates for packages
found in non-us.

So rather than trying to change that second line to something correct,
just remove it. James' suggested change would make that line a valid
non-us line, which you say you already have.

I hope I helped clear up the misunderstanding; in any case, forgive me
for butting in.

good times,
Vineet
--