Where can I get a standard /etc/group file ?

Hello,

I've just finished installing (for the first time) a woody system.
Something probably went wrong in the install process, as the package
installation program (base-config) tells me that it cannot find some
groups. So I checked (on my computer and in various manuals), and it
seems that I lack a /etc/group file. No idea why! Of course I could
recreate one from scratch (using vi :-) but I'd rather download one that
already has all the standard groups, group ids, etc. Any ideas where I
can find it ?

Thanks,
LMS