Re: ghost scsi ?

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 06:43, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
> This is an excerpt from dmesg:
> ---------------------------------
>
> scsi: <fdomain> Detection failed (no card)
> NCR53c406a: no available ports found
> sym53c416.c: Version 1.0.0
> Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!
> IBM MCA SCSI: Version 3.2
> IBM MCA SCSI: No Microchannel-bus present --> Aborting.
>               This machine does not have any IBM MCA-bus
> 	      or the MCA-Kernel-support is not enabled!
> megaraid: v1.11 (Aug 23, 2000)
> aec671x_detect:
> 3w-xxxx: tw_findcards(): No cards found.
> scsi : 0 hosts.
> scsi : detected total.
> --------------------------------------
>
> I don't have any scsi on the machine. Why is linux still looking for a
> scsi card. What is this aec671x_detect and 3w-xxxx that it cannot find ?
> I am running woody.

Sounds like you are using a stock kernel.  In his/her great wisdom,
the kernel package maintainer has decided to make the stock kernels
__very__ comprehensive...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net         |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81     |
| "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea   |
|  which could only have originated in California."           |
|  --Edsger Dijkstra                                          |