Re: Digicams

Hi Ted,

On Thu, 2002-06-20, 08.12 Ted wrote:
> 	Has anyone any comments on the Fujifilm 1400 zoom camera ?..I cab now buy
> this model for around £100...Any comments appreciated

I bought the FujiFinePix 4800 Zoom, and it works perfectly under Debian
 woody 3.0, although i don't know if it is supported by gphoto.
I'm really positive about the 4800 zoom.

You can cleanly mount it as a mass storage device and then copy the pics
 to harddisk. You can even use it as a data medium to transport data
 (all kinds of). I integrated the cam as described for the FFPix 1400
 zoom:
http://modular.fas.harvard.edu/fuji4700/
is an interesting page how to integrate the camera into Linux, and
describes the cam to soem extent.
.
This site
http://lhd.zdnet.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?2846