Re: mirror, the perl script mirroring package

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 15:02, Walter Tautz wrote:

> > I am attempting to setup a local private mirror of debian using the perl
> > script package. It has run for several days. It quits from time to time and
> > waits for the next initiation event from crontab, but it can't seem to clear
> > its queue of requests to set up softlink into the pool. I've tried pointing it
> > to a couple of different debian mirrors and get the same results for both.
>
> I would suggest using the scripts on the main debian site. Look for info
> about how to mirror the site. I prefer using rsync
>
> search the site for 'mirror' or just go to:
> http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror

I looked through most of the "official" ways of doing things (including
the mirror script) and ended up writing my own because I didn't like the
way the others were set up. (And because I needed an excuse to brush up
on my Perl. :) I just wanted to mirror unstable, and I wanted to
minimize the space needed. It's not terribly fault-tolerant, but it's
VERY easy to debug. After the initial mirroring is done updates are
usually done within 3 - 4 hours over a DSL line. (768 Kbps) If you can't
get mirror working and want to try it just let me know.

-Alex