Re: sound problems...

alo@purdue.edu wrote:

I've tried playing a file in XMMS but it pops up an error window asking about
the output configuration, etc. So at this point, I'm totally clueless. I've been
reading the thread "can't get audio to work" and he seems to be having similiar
problems. I compile my own kernel, if that matters. Can anyone help?

I have about the same setup with the via8233 driver. XMMS doesn't work, but
alsaplayer does, so I think you should try it :)

sincerely,
--
Ivo Wever
I.J.W.Wever@student.tnw.tudelft.nl