Re: isdn start error

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 11:43, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:

Here's another error that keeps popping up when booting:

Starting ISDN services :
no ISDN cards configured! Please configure 'hisax' module with
modconf (read /usr/share/doc/isdnutils/HOWTO.isdnutils.gz for more
info). -----------------------------------------------

I *don't* have any isdn cards. I am on a modem dial-up to my isp.
What package do I need to unistall to remove this error ? How do I
find out which package needs to be removed ?

btw: on a rpm based distro rpm -qa gives a list of all the packages
installed. What would be the equivalent for a debian box ?

Hello there,
It seems that you just need to disable the isdn4linux script from starting at boot.If the script in /etc/init.d is called i4l you would need to remove the script from the init.d d directory and then use
# update-rc.d i4l remove
to remove the  System-V  style init  script links.
hth,
dayalan