Re: Backup utilities

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 06:00, Jorge Santos wrote:
> Hello, I'm looking for recommendations on backing up the home
> directories here at work.  The scenario is as follows:  I have
> several work stations mounting their homes from a central server via
> NFS so I don't think I'll be needing anything sophisticated,  I could
> use tar and a cron job but I rather use some tested, flexible and
> easy to mantain utility.  So... suggestions anyone?

If you're looking for tested and flexible, tar is your friend. You could
just hack a script that tar's the home directories to whatever backup
medium you might have and sends you a rough report per email. You can
even specify a file date for incremental backups if you wish.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!