Re: Net Installation

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 00:04, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 08:57, Matthew Tedder wrote:
> > So how do I make an installation disk since my old i386 \
> > doesn't boot from CDROM?
> >
> > I dd'd the root.bin to floppy because the README said this
> > was needed for the install..   I have to use rescue?  That's
> > strange..
>
> Yes, you initially boot from the "rescue" disk.  That befuddled
> be when I came to Debian, since, to my mind, I didn't need rescu-
> ing.
>
> It should be documented more clearly that it is a "boot and rescue"
> disk...

I think it's more or less become a habit for Linux distros sometime in
the past. IIRC, SuSE Linux 1.0 (man, was that some kind of creepy first
contact all because I wanted a C compiler...) already had a "rescue"
disk and I could imagine it kind of stuck.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!