Re: Server X process taking 250 Mo - leaking ?

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, SIZE indicates how much memory has been reserved for the application (and therefor not available to other applications),

Nope. By default at least, Linux will overcommit memory. So, you can run 40 different programs all with a 1GB size.

brk just basically means that if the program accesses below the boundry, ok. If it accesses above the boundry (and there is nothing else there, e.g., through mmap) then a segfault will occur.

/me thinks mmap also counts towards SIZE.