Re: Exim Vs Sendmail

* Ronald Castillo (ronaldace@cantv.net) [020617 16:45]:
> Hello..
>
> I currently have Exim installed but I have a script that needs sendmail
> (so it can mail me the results for a web-page form).
>
> Is there any way I can make the script work without having to install
> sendmail?  It calls sendmail like this: "/usr/lib/sendmail -i -t"
>
> The script documentation says -I is to indicate sendmail that a single

You mean '-i', not '-I' (right? That's what you said above, and that's
what exim's sendmail(8) says -i should do.)

> period will not end the email and -t instructs sendmail to read the
> recipients list from the message text.

exim's /usr/sbin/sendmail should work fine. The package also creates
/usr/lib/sendmail as a link to the former, so this should all Just Work
for you. I'm curious why it doesn't? You did install exim from the
debian package, no? What version?

good times,
Vineet
--