Linux virgo wants USB rodent-support

Hi! I just finished my first linux install with
Debian 2.2r6 from CD.. It was pretty painful!
I managed to do some mis-configurating and
X win had to be reconfigured by hand 5-6 times
before I got it up and running. Exciting! BUT -
the mouse is not working!

I have one logitech usb mouse (MouseMan Dual Optical)
and one PS2 mouse (logitech marble fx). Neither of
these work.

During the install I defined that the device for mouse
is 'usbmouse'.

When configuring X, no such options were presented so
I fell back on the 'ps2' and '/dev/mouse' as the
mouse type and device. No luck..

Should I forget USB? Anyone have any links to docs on
USB configuration, or time for some support?

As for the ps2, evidently ps-mouse device doesn't
exist, any hints on 'how to'?

Or do you think I should just reinstall the whole
thing?

Best regards,

Jani Pohjanraito