Re: umsdos and vfat works but no uvfat - any ideas?

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 20:03, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 04:36:28PM +0100, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been trying to get uvfat working and it says that I just need to
> > enable umsdos and vfat (which I have) and they both work fine.
> >
> > However, when I do
> >
> > mount -t uvfat /dev/hda11 /mnt
> >
> > it tells me that uvfat is not supported by the kernel.
> >
> > Anybody get uvfat working and if so, how ? Im running kernel 2.4.18 BTW
> > on Deb Woody.
> root # modprobe umsdos
> root # modprobe vfat
> root # cat /proc/filesystems
> nodev   rootfs
> nodev   bdev
> nodev   proc
> nodev   sockfs
> nodev   tmpfs
> nodev   shm
> nodev   pipefs
>         cramfs
> nodev   devfs
> nodev   devpts
>         ext3
>         ext2
> nodev   autofs
>         msdos
>         umsdos
>         vfat
>
> Looks like no support for "uvfat".  But I do not see "uvfat" in manual
> page of "mount".  I see no occurance of "uvfat" in 2.4 kernel source.
>
> Where did you get idea for "uvfat"?

just google for it (I was originally looking for vfat with unix meta
information like umsdos for msdos)

It looks like it existed at least at some point. Any ideas where I might
be able to get more info on it - couldn't really find any email
addresses in my hunt.

All help appreciated.

Shri