Kupdated

Can somebody help me with the kupdate daemon' problem. I looked around
but could not find a understandable page that could help me. The
kupdated process takes about 1/3 of my cpu and can't be killed.

I started with a potato installation from where I apt-get dist-upgrade'd
to unstable. Then the nvidia drivers came in the story and a had to
recompile the kernel. Know I have this !!!!minor!!!!! problem with a
very nice Debian system running on a 300 rather than a 700 cpu.

Can somebody please help me.
Tinus