Re: artsd, scsi & me

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:08:25 -0700
"G. L. `Griz' Inabnit" <griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us> wrote:

> internal
> 	Western Digital WDE18310 Ultra3
> 	TDK CDRW8432 CD-RW (ide {idescsi emu})
> 	Creative DVD 8400E (ide {idescsi emu})
> 	IO Mega Zip 100 (ide {idescsi emu})
> 	IO Mega 2 gig Jazz (scsi)
(snip)
> scsi1: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x9
> scsi1: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
> scsi0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x8
> scsi0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase

You got media in the Jaz drive during this?  According to my
interpretation of your dmesg output, scsi0 is your WDE18310 ULTRA3 and
scsi1 is your jaz.

Have you tried another drive (preferrablly IDE) for the OS?

> Thinking it was caused by "something" connected to the scsi
> channels, I removed them all with the exception of the O/S drive. No
> changes.

I'm assuming the above output was done with the other drives attached and
the actual output did change when the extra devices were removed (as there
would not have been a scsi1 at that time).

--
Jamin W. Collins