Re: Unidentified subject!

Hans Ekbrand wrote:

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:38:38PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
If you have sudo installed (you *do* have it installed, don't you?) and have your user configured with enough permissions, you might can simply "sudo passwd root".

If anyone configure sudo with what you call "enough permissions", they
thereby defeats the whole purpose of sudo, and in addition makes it
easier for a hacker to become root.

Perhaps you're right, and I'm doing it wrong, But on my box, I've configured my user to have full access via sudo. That way, when I need to do root stuff, I can just "sudo rootstuff.foo" instead of becoming root and then forgetting that I'm still root and doing something nasty to my box five minutes later.

Kent