Re: VmWare on Woody

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 14:28, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 01:46:46PM +0200, Helgi ?rn wrote:
> > I've never before installad a package with RPM in Debian, are there some
> > weird oddities combined with that?
>
> Never do that. Use alien if you can't find a non-RPM version of the
> package.

Please explain why RPM shouldn't be used when it's there?
The Linux (rpm)package is not dist-specific AFAIK and RPM is installed
in Woody so why not?
I've never before seen or used RPM in Debian so I thought it was
interesting to give it a try, of course I used *rpm -i --test <package>*
just to se the outcome without actually installing.

Cheers,
HÖ

--
~~~~~ This message is digitally signed - GPG key at: ~~~~
~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/gnupg_public_key.html> ~~