Re: C library

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 06:25:57AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
| On 11-Jun-2002 Helgi Ã?rn wrote:

| > Do I have to re-boot for a change to take effect?

                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.

| en_US ISO-8859-1
| en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
|
| Make the change, run locale-gen as root.

My /etc/locale.gen has

en_US ISO-8859-1
en_US ISO8859-1
en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

I just added that middle line last night.  I have set LANG to
en_US.UTF-8 and I get this when running any GTK+ (1.2) app (blank
and redundant lines snipped) :

Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO10646-1
Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
Gdk-WARNING **:     JISX0208.1983-0
Gdk-WARNING **:     KSC5601.1987-0
Gdk-WARNING **:     GB2312.1980-0
Gdk-WARNING **:     JISX0201.1976-0

If I change LANG to en_US, I get this result :

Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

Any ideas why?  I've rerun locale-gen as you suggested.  I've had this
"problem" for several months now.

(OTOH, the apps behave correctly, apart from gabber and galeon
sometimes not supporting copy or crashing when I try and copy text out
of them)

TIA,
-D

--

Be sure of this:  The wicked will not go unpunished,
but those who are righteous will go free.

Jabber ID : dman@dman.ddts.net