Sylpheed not displaying japanese characters properly [woody].

Hi,

My sylpheed instalation is not showing japanese email properly,
only garbled characters. All of the other X-Windows, non-GTK
applications seems to be showing japanese correctly.

I`ve tried to set the option "Display 2 byte alphabet and numeric
with 1-byte character" with no avail. I`ve also tried to set
the LANGUAGE, LC_CTYPE and LC_ALL to ja_JP; it still doesn`t work,
but it does show the following warning message in the prompt line:
"Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library". I think I have
all the relevant locale packages installed.

Does anyone knows what could be the problem?

Artur Matos
ALife Core Lab (http://www2.create.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp)
Graduate School of Human Informatics | Nagoya University

Email:  amatos@create.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp (Lab)
        arturmatos78@yahoo.com