Re: how to also remove files that were required for some package ?

On 2002-06-09 04:54 +0000, tvn1981 <tvn1981@flashmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, just wondering if apt can do something like this
>
> when I get package A, it also fetch the required packages B and C
> now when I want to remove A, can apt intelligently remove B an C also ?
> (assuming no other package require B and C)

I don't think apt can do that, but aptitude (in sid at least, possibly
in woody also) can.  When you install A, it'll record that B and C were
installed too to satisfy the dependencies.  When you remove or purge A,
aptitude will use this information and remove B and C as well (unless
they're used by other packages.)

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6