Lilo Q

As I'm continuing to try and troubleshoot a hd that doesn't seem to want
to boot (promise ultra card, 60g hd) I just wanna doublecheck one thing

If I don't even get a LI or L or _something_ from lilo.... it's definitely
not a lilo problem and it's somewhere further up in the pipeline?

Or could there possibly be a lilo-related problem such that I wouldn't
even be get a smidgen of a prompt

(and would any situation where attempts to put lilo into an mbr involve
squawks of '/dev/hde1 is not on the first disk' be even more likely
candidates for situations where it could be a 'lilo problem' without any
smidgen of a prompt showing up?)

oh, and it's lilo 22.2-3

-Alice

(just checking)