kbdconfig - UK keyboard

Hi,

I have just installed debian 2.2r6.  The problem I am having is that I cannot get it to accept a UK keyboard.

When I do the test at the end of kbdconfig it works fine, so I select the option to  save and activate immediately, but the keyboard is still setup wrong.  The most obvisous evidence to this is that the £ key will not work.  Also when using vi, when pressing the insert key the screen just flashes

Can anyone help, I have searched the net and the mailing list archives, but nothing helpful comes up. Any help appriciated.

Regards

Lee