port 515 lpd questions

Say I have a computer with port 515 open and it's running a print
spooler.  My understanding is that to print, you must know the name of a
printer controlled by that spooler.  Is that correct?

If so, is there a way to find out the name(s) of printers corresponding
to a given print server?

Please correct me if I have any concepts wrong here.  My understanding
of the printing process is fairly limited.

--
David Frey   -   UVic Computer Engineering Student
GnuPG key available at http://chubby.dyndns.org/david_frey.gpg