Robocode Article in June LJ

In the June issue of Linux Journal, there is an article entitled
"Programming Life" that discusses Robocode, "a programming environment where
you can create Java robots that battle it out in an arena on your screen."
The program uses the Java Developer's kit.

Amoung the packages reported by "apt-cache search jdk," the following seem
to be appropriate:

jdk1.1 - JDK 1.1.x (Java Development Kit) - Runtime only
jdk1.1-dev - JDK 1.1.x (Java Development Kit)
jdk1.1-native - JDK 1.1.x Runtime - native threads extensions
jdk1.1-native-dev - JDK 1.1.x - native threads extensions

Can anyone tell me which package, if any, is correct? Or am I better off
just installing the tar shell script from Sun?

TIA

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:rkrjrdn@epix.net