Re: Linux and legacy-free motherboards

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 01:56:22PM +0200, Joris Lambrecht wrote:
> // Please reply-to-all, i'm not on the list for now //
>

> Hello communitycontributors,
>
> I've recently purchased a spanking Athlon motherboard (Abit AT7Max) wich
> is to be installed with Linux, preferably Debian.
>
> Who can tell me if it's possible to install Debian on a system wich can
> only handle usb keyboards/mouse from scratch. PS/2 devices are not an
> option.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the 2.4 kernel based boot floppies can handle
this. Check the boot-floppies mailing list archives, but I know it's
come up before. Does the BIOS not provide legacy support? (makes the USB
keyboard + mouse appear as standard devices). You make have to pass some
kernel options on boot up. Can't remember, but I'm sure it can be done.

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
loop found in loop in redundant loopback