Re: KaZaA + Debian Woody + XP

On Thursday 06 June 2002 08:54, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Why not just use Gnutella?  There's GNU clients for that, and you
> don't have to deal with that whole spyware issue or deal with the
> hacktitude of wine to reinvent the wheel.

Face it, Gnutella tends to suck depending on what you want or how
quickly you want it. I've had very little success with the clients I
tried. Most of them never made a connection anywhere.

If you accept some potential spyware, you can use eDonkey2k. it's fast
at times and the console client/java frontend combo is quite nice.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!