Re: Debian: abandon ship?

Alan Shutko wrote:
Ivo Wever <I.J.W.Wever@student.tnw.tudelft.nl> writes:

> And, as he said: he doesn't care. Doesn't care because no
> developers will leave and the users leaving doesn't endanger
> the existance of Debian; in essence the developers are making
> it for themselves.

Maybe the developers should amend the Social Contract to make this
more explicit?  At least in the vote, it would become clear to what
degree that statement is true or untrue.

(With 2000 developers, any unqualified statement is likely to be
false....)
It is an unqualified statement indeed. I'm just exagerating Manojs point
and claim I understand it (because calling it 'condescending' supposes
that the majority of the society feels that way and I want to make clear that
at least one person thinks otherwise). I thought the bit you snipped would
nuance it and make clear that I don't actually suppose this is the _main_
reason for _all_  developers to develop.

sincerely