Re: Debian: abandon ship?

> I doubt that this would be a useful metric, given that people
> tracking less-stable versions are likely to be updating more
> frequently.

It is possible to count unique IPs, rather than bytes. Another poster
pointed out the problem of local archives, but there is no reason to
assume that stable users are more or less likely to use local arhives that
unstable users, so that shouldn't skew the ratios.

Yes, even this would not be a perfect measure. But I bet it would be quite
good. And it would be possible to quantify how good by doing a bootstrap.

I for one would be interested in the total number of unique IPs that
accessed each official archive in the last, say, 3 months. (If someone
will send me the logs, I'll compile the statistics myself -- but I imagine
that would raise privacy concerns.)