Re: Debian: abandon ship?

On 05 Jun 2002, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 08:25:22AM -0500, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
>
> Are you really named "Brooks Robinson" or is that a nom du net?
>
> [snip]
> > | not need me. And I need a stable release
> > | with the 2.4 kernel.
>
> [another snip]
>
> > My conclusion is that Woody is effectively released already.
>
> So, Woody changed to a 2.4 kernel?  At last report it was still using
> 2.2x.
> --
> Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
> Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
> <http://dm.net>

Surely you can use any kernel you like. I've been using 2.4.18 since it
came out and will upgrade to 2.4.19 as soon as it's released.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books on the Assassins and on homeopathy, skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]