Re: Setting system time on startup

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Ian D. Stewart wrote:

> Right now, when booting my linux box, the system clock is off by four
> hours (I'm guessing it is set to GMT).  I can reset the clock using
> date, but this is starting to get a bit tedious.  Is there a way to
> automate this process and/or convince Linux to set the system clock to
> local time?

Check out /etc/init.d/hwclockfirst.sh, /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh, and
/etc/default/rcS, which seem to be the files responsible for starting the
system clock.  Also try 'man hwclock', which, way down, has useful
information about the relationship between the hardware clock and the
system clock.

hth

pw

--