Re: modem problem

On Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:24:57 -0700, curtis wrote:

>What do you mean by protocol? Authentication protocol? I have it set for
>PAP/CHAP.
>The same problem occurs when I try to connect to a modem on my Linux
>server, which is set up for just PAP. For this connection, I dial in
>using PAP only as well.

The thought occurs to me that you might recheck the user name.  You may
have your username, while the ISP is looking for username + @ISP.com, or
vice versa.  Depending on the service, my ISP requires one or the other.
Think of it as checking the wall plug.
--
gt
It is interesting to note that as one evil empire (generic) fell,