Re: this post is not off-topic

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 02:43:13AM -0700, David Wright wrote:
> I'll ignore the ad hominem. How about a poll at debianplanet?

Because those have always had the power to command what developers do,
right?

> ( ) No architecture should move forward untill all can move
>     forward together.
>
> ( ) i386 and PPC should take priority; other architectures
>     can follow when they're ready.
>
> I guess you're confident that the second option would only get 2 votes.

Ah, yes. So the security team will have to support both potato and
woody, because both will be stable on different architectures. Package
maintainers will have to support wildly different versions of their
packages in stable. All this until the other architectures get a new
stable release - which, if we only cared about raw numbers of users
rather than developers willing to do the work, would most likely be
never.

Great. Maybe it's time to fork Debian after all (which, incidentally,
you're quite free to do).