Re: Debian take on UnitedLinux?

On Friday 31 May 2002 09:01 am, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:02:27AM -0600, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> > Has there been any Debian disscussion about this, official or otherwise?
>
> Why should there be?  We are already the One True Linux Distribution.
> 8:o)

yup. mono-linuxism. debian is the standard. unitedlinux is a business
venture, that's all. it's like comparing shaolin monks to tele-evangelists.

if mcdonalds, burger king, jack in the box, and carl's junior were to get
together to standardize the burger, would that affect the recipe of the one
you make yourself with the best ingredients at a backyard barbecue? no matter
how good theirs would be, it's just not the real thing.

ah, summer, barbecues. think homer simpson drooling. that's me, right now.

ben